NASCOE News Flash
The U.S. Senate and U.S. House of Representatives passed legislation today that would fund the government through December 11. The President is expected to move quickly to sign the measure. Please see the additional information below. The chance of a shutdown is now near zero.
FY 2016 SHORT-TERM CONTINUING RESOLUTION
- Keeps the government operating through December 11, 2015.
- Provides funding at annual rate that conforms to the topline discretionary spending limit established by the Budget Control Act for FY 2016 –$1.017 trillion.
- Provides Overseas Contingency Operations funding at a rate of $74.758 billion.
- Includes $700 million in emergency funding for wildland fire suppression.
Includes small number of funding anomalies to address unique circumstances that arise during the CR period, such as:
- Supporting claims processors for veterans’ disability claims at the rate necessary to address backlog
- Maintaining launch schedule for the joint polar satellite
- Paying ongoing rental assistance contracts in the rural housing program
- Accommodating increased demand for 7(a) small business loans
Includes extensions of certain expiring authorities for the duration of the CR (except as otherwise noted):
- Internet Tax Freedom Act
- Federal Aviation Administration (6 months)