As we go into the weekend without a resolution to the shutdown, our legislative Consultant Hunter Moorhead, has provided an update on where the process is currently. You should be receiving that soon if you haven’t already.
NASCOE appreciates the answers shared by FSA leadership and the Business Center to questions we submitted last week as the shutdown began, however we know that many questions remain. While there isn’t much new information to pass on, we will try to share what we know.
- PP 26 pay status. Information provided last week indicated that PP 26 would process on schedule for the time the agency was funded. As of right now we have not received guidance on the logistics of how that will work.
- The FAQ document provided in the email from the Secretary’s Office has some good information. If you did not forward that to your home email, a copy of it will be posted to the NASCOE webpage.
- NASCOE will continue to monitor both congressional and departmental developments. Hopefully there will be more information to share soon.
- The NASCOE webpage is being updated to include links to the OPM webpage that contains information on the lapse in funding, including information on unemployment resources. Since each state is different NASCOE will provide the link from OPM as opposed to trying the provide specific answers.
- The NASCOE webpage is in the process of adding a page devoted to furlough and shutdown information. That should be done by the morning of January 5th and our publicity chair will send out an update when that page is live.
As we wait for further guidance, please continue to send your questions up through your state presidents and area execs. We will forward those questions to leadership for their review and response. As unusual as this shutdown has been, answers are difficult to come by. As mentioned above the NASCOE webpage will post all available information so please follow www.nascoe.org for the latest updates.