To: All NASCOE Members
From: Brandon Wilson, NASCOE President
Purpose: Recruit volunteer assistance on two special NASCOE task forces
Recently NASCOE has announced two initiatives which will utilize membership assigned to a task force for input during the planning process. Those assignments are:
- Technology Coordinator Task Force: This task force will determine what qualifications are needed by a new “Technology Coordinator” volunteer position which will be created by NASCOE. The task force will also identify key technology priorities for use in NASCOE business processes.
- Teleconference Alternative Task Force: This task force will determine cost effective alternatives to the current method of NASCOE internal communications by teleconference.
NASCOE will fill positions in these groups with a combination of existing NASCOE leadership and new NASCOE leadership. NASCOE is encouraging all members, (especially those who attended the recent NASCOE Leadership Conference in Dallas) to consider applying for a seat in one of these groups. NASCOE believes there may be members in county offices who are passionate about technology and who can provide forward thinking innovative ideas to these NASCOE initiatives.
Task force interactions will likely take place using e-mail and teleconference communication. Some minimal travel could be required. Time commitments would be around 1-2 hours/month until the task force is completed.
Interested attendees must provide the following information:
- Short narrative on technology interest, background and skills
- Preference of task force
- Contact information (e-mail and phone number)
- Other helpful information
The deadline to apply is end of day, December 13, 2019. Replies should be emailed to the following: