Clint Bain and Neil Burnette
December 22, 2020
Last night, Congress passed the COVID-19 Relief and Omnibus Spending package as anticipated. They also passed a one-week Continuing Resolution through December 28th to allow time for procedural requirements to take place and obtain the President’s signature on the measure. The Omnibus budget provides federal civilian employees a 1% across the board pay raise. The bill also provides language that extends the deadline to repay deferred payroll taxes to the end of 2021 instead of next April.
The following bullet points highlight the Agricultural Appropriations funding affecting FSA employees:
- Funding for FSA salaries and expenses increased by $22,824,000 over the 2020 enacted budget;
- Funding for the Business Center increased by $11,774,000 over the 2020 enacted level;
- There was $15,000,000 earmarked for the hiring of new employees to fill vacancies and anticipated vacancies at county offices;
- Funds made available to county committees shall remain available until expended;
- Funding for Dairy Indemnity Program payments shall remail available until expended;
- The final bill continues previous law provisions related to both the relocation of county-based employees and county office closures.